For a better experience while using our Services, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. We have access to Users’ account records, which may include full name, address, phone number, and other identifiable information. A unique identifier may be given to an individual Rider and be assigned at account creation. A minimum amount of medical history and details of current mobility are needed to ensure the proper selection of transportation Services are provided to a Rider (examples include wheelchair accessibility or the ability to transport an oxygen tank). This information may be used when a ride is created by Ride Health or a Customer. All of our services are HIPAA compliant and adhere to all HIPAA standards.
In addition to your medical and demographic information, we collect information that you provide to us pertaining to the people with whom you consent to share your Personal Information (such as a family member or caregiver).
Ride Health may record data on the technologies that use our Services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information in order to improve the performance of our platform across client devices.
Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. Ride Health may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to a Rider’s device. You may disable or delete browser cookies through your browser settings. Cookies are generally easy to disable or delete, but the method varies between browsers. If you disable or delete cookies, or if you are running third-party software that intercepts or deletes cookies, please note that some parts of our Services may not work properly.
We may also automatically record certain information from a Rider’s device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs" or “web beacons.” This information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Services, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Services, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Services. This information is gathered from all Riders, and may be connected with other information about the Rider.
Ride Health may collect Users’ approximate or exact location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi. A Rider's location information is needed to generate rides and send the appropriate driver to a location. In addition to the reasons described above, drivers’ location information and distance travelled is necessary for calculating charges and insurance for standard transportation services and specified non-emergent transportation (NEMT) rides and can be used to improve the quality of your experience.
We enable drivers and Riders, to call or text each other. To provide this service, Ride Health receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. We may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between Riders and drivers), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics. User’s also have the ability to communicate through phone, SMS messaging, and in-person conversation. These communications may be recorded and stored in the Platform.
To provide the most effective and efficient services we must have all the necessary data to execute rides, communicate with Riders, and sustain Provider and Customer partnerships. A Rider’s personal information is necessary when determining the type of vehicle used in all Services. Riders’ phone numbers are used for either voice or SMS messaging in all communications between Ride Health, Riders, Customers, and Providers. A Rider’s information is used when creating a Ride Health account and subsequently accessed when creating further Services. Rider information may be shared in the event of an emergency or if a Rider is involved in a road accident. Rider information may be shared with government and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to legal process, obligation, or request.
Users’ information is used when evaluating Services and compiling Ride Health analytics. Riders’ phone numbers are utilized to send surveys after each individual ride or Service to evaluate the Riders’ experience. The Riders’ experience ratings are used in improvement measurements.
We may disclose your personal information to the following groups:
• Transportation Providers. In order to facilitate your use of the Technology Platform, we may disclose your name and/or pickup and drop-off GPS coordinates within dependent drivers and companies that offer non-emergency medical transportation services.
• Healthcare Professionals. We may disclose your Personal Information to your healthcare provider as necessary for you to access the Technology Platform and as otherwise permitted by federal and state privacy laws.
• Third Parties Acting on Our Behalf. We may disclose your Personal Information to certain third parties that provide the Services to you on our behalf, including, but not limited to, our cloud service provider. Third parties that receive PHI are bound by contract to maintain the confidentiality of your PHI and to not rent, sell, disclose or use your PHI for their own purposes.
• Where Necessary or Required by Law. We may be required to disclose your Personal Information in response to a legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena to comply with its applicable legal and regulatory reporting requirements. We also may disclose your Personal Information in response to a law enforcement agency's request, or where it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or to verify or enforce compliance with applicable laws, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
• With Your Authorization. Ride Health may disclose your Personal Information in accordance with your prior written authorization.
These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services. Third parties are held to their own internal privacy policies. All third parties are also required under their own internal privacy policies to adhere to HIPAA standards.
It is important a degree of information is shared between Riders and Providers in order for rides to be completed successfully. The amount of information shared between Riders and Providers may include, but is not limited to, first and last name, phone number, address, and account identification number. Partners include any entity that is involved in Ride Health Services, which include but are not limited to standard transportation services and non-emergent transportation services (NEMT).
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of your PHI or any electronic Personal Information you transmit to us over unencrypted and insecure channels, and you do so at your own risk.
Ride Health does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and our Services are not directed at users under the age of 13. If we find that Personal Information has inadvertently been collected for an individual under the age of 13, we will delete it.